RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECT DEVELOPER
1. Helps First
2. Exhibits Professionalism
3. Is Courageously Creative
4. Practices Fanatical Attention to Quality and Detail
5. Acts with the Greater Good in Mind
1. Be responsible to uphold and defend Sublime Homes core values and standards at all times, under all circumstances.
2. Be dedicated to the customer’s best interest throughout the sales and pre-construction process, including willingness to admit mistakes, keeping customers informed, and providing unique and relevant options to achieve the customer’s goals.
3. Be available to attend customer meetings and field meetings as needed throughout the process in order to cultivate excellent customer relationships, maintain accuracy and shorten production cycles.
4. Open and willing to work evenings and weekends as needed. We are in a customer based industry and flexibility will be mandatory.
5. Design plans for new models. Interpret and implement building code changes.
6. Oversee production of start packages. (Construction Documents, Engineering plans, Permits, etc.)
7. Update existing plans to reflect feature and specification changes, with an emphasis on value engineering and office-related cost variance reduction. Communicating those changes to the proper personnel.
8. Specify materials, trims, fixtures, and construction assemblies (floor joist, floor sheathing, roof deck layouts, etc). Prepare floor plans for sales brochures.
9. Oversee the production of construction drawings and coordinate with Architect and Engineering consultants as needed.
10. Solicit trade contractor input to enhance value engineering of floor plans and construction drawings. See if homes’ energy-efficiency, cost-effectiveness, construction methods, quality, etc., can be improved.
11. Estimate and cost all plans. Compile accurate quantity takeoffs. Establish and monitor budgets for all construction phases.
12. Compute gross margin estimates.
13. Monitor and communicate any hard-cost changes due to cost increases and quantity changes to proper personnel.
14. Issue thorough, accurate estimates and work orders within allotted time frames.
15. Review actuals to estimates to adhere to set project budget.
16. Perform cost comparison and analysis as requested. Update cost information in price file.
17. Monitor plan changes. Estimate prices of all changes and provide written descriptions of change orders.
18. Maintain relationships with quality, reliable trade contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Supervise preparation of bid packages. 19. 19. Troubleshoot problems with trade contractors and suppliers.
20. Display samples and educate customers about natural characteristics and maintenance of the products offered.
21. Communicate customers' projects and selections by using appropriate software.
22. Compile accurate post-contract job data and documentation in order to produce a clean and effective handoff between sales and production departments
23. Facilitate successful sales relationships by being integrally involved in the day-to-day sales/design process.
24. Attend industry trade shows, sales training, and product knowledge seminars to maintain knowledge of building products and keep current on industry trends. Review new products with industry representatives.
Minimum Education Experience: Professional degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field.
1. Experience in AutoCAD. Revit and Chief Architect experience a plus.
2. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
4. Self-starter with the ability to work seamlessly with our team
5. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workflow, and meet required deadlines.
6. High level of detail, organization, and professionalism.
This position is ideal for someone who is:
Dependable, more reliable than spontaneous.
People oriented, enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
Detail oriented, would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture.
Achievement-oriented, enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
Autonomous/Independent, enjoys working with little direction.
Innovative, prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
High stress tolerance, thrives in a high-pressure environment
Exhibits a results-oriented attitude and takes initiative toward all aspects of the project assignment. Is decisive and takes responsibility for actions.
Job Type: Full-time position, occasional early evening and Saturday appointments can be possible.
Job Location: St. John, Indiana
If you are interested please forward us your cover letter, resume and portfolio.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org